Monday, June 7, 2010

Reminders


The sun sets upon the ocean with a flash. I catch the ocean breeze in my hand and it reminds me of you. The waves are small but the repetitive sound calms me.

I could sit here forever. The sand is still a bit warm from the midday sun, but as my toes dig in the layers are cool. I welcome the cold air that comes with the moons rise. It reminds me that I am not numb, I feel.

We have been to this location on the beach at this time of night before. I wonder if you ever think about it. I loved it, although you didn’t think so. You thought that I hated the cold too much to enjoy myself. You always thought you knew me so well.

Little did you know, I compared the wonders of the ocean and the beauty of the night sky to you. That was before I really got to know you.

Still, I am in awe of the stars in the night sky and how small they are.

And, I’m amazed at how small you are too.

6 comments:

  1. i dig how you go dark with this. surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, thanks! I thought i would be good to mix things up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting in touch with your Alanis Morissette side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, Yes, absolutely! :) Life can't always be mushy sweet, right? Plus, I love You Oughta Know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kinda post. Snarky ;-)

    ReplyDelete