Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Free Zone


You are traveling through another dimension – a dimension not only…no, no, no, that’s not right. I’m only going to dinner at a friend's house. Only. When I arrived, I was handed a glass of wine. Nice. It only took about two minutes for it to be declared a “blog free zone.” How can that be? I mean what would I write about? What did they anticipate happening that would be worth writing about? Well, plenty.

The night started off great. We had a glass of wine and some cheese and cracker appetizers. The conversation started off simple enough. It was the usual, how’s work going, kids, etc. But at about the time we sat down to eat dinner and started on glass of wine number two things changed.

Suddenly before any funny story was told (or acted out as the case may have been) I was told this was a “blog free zone.” I was reminded of this several times throughout the evening. We would laugh every time it was said and then the funny story would be told.

I sat there drinking glass of wine number three laughing my butt off and wishing I would write about some of the stories. The material was fantastic! But by glass of wine number four I wasn’t really sure I would remember any of the stories told, and were they really all that fantastic? Well, yes they were, but I had been sworn not to blog about them. I was even reminded that our “friend” has wonderful legal representation. No need to get crazy, now.

It’s such a shame that in my drunken stupor I agreed not to blog about any of it. But I didn’t say I wouldn’t blog about the “blog free zone” agreement.

The meaning of this blog entry isn’t meant to make anyone mad at me. Nor is it to frustrate readers who are wondering what in the world happened that night. It is merely to state that from here on, I cannot guarantee I will not blog about stories I hear. However, I am willing to negotiate with close friends and family. ;) (This is for the two friends/family that read my blog, thanks.)

4 comments:

  1. as one of your readers, this is devilishly cute. we may indeed commence negotiations in the future:)
    so you got material to write, and you got drunk too. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! I like this story. We have been forewarned.

    Don't make me start writing about the "pull that little red thing..." incident. That might be too much of an inside joke and might not translate too well. Isn't everything better with a little wine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 glasses of wine and you remember anything at all? I'm impressed, Tori. I can't wait to read future stories since you just warned everyone that all is fair game now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reason #2,347 not to tell people you blog. The best stuff comes from the place you least expect it :-)

    ReplyDelete